Amazon Management Services – Privacy Notice (Full)
- Who we are
- How we collect your information
- What information we collect about you
- What processing we do with information collected
- How we will communicate with you
- Who we share data with and how long we keep information
- What we will not do
- Your rights, the right to complain and the ICO.
- Further information
- Changes to our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is a public document available to anyone and applies to customers of Amazon Management Services Ltd to explain how the organisation collects and processes personal information to conduct normal business activities as a UK letting agent. Regulated by the Property Redress Scheme (PRS)
2. Who we are
Amazon Management Services is the Data Controller whose head office is located at Unit 1, 1 William Jessop Way, Princes Dock, Liverpool L3 1DZ. Tel: 0151 531 9329. The company Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an independent letting agent specialising in Residential and commercial property management, we also offer other services such as building management, rental debt collections and property refurbishments.
3. How we collect your information
Amazon Management Services collects information from you via a variety of sources, including when you apply for one of our properties or services, complete one of our forms, when you call, write, e-mail or meet with us. We may collect information when you use our social media sites, website or websites that we advertise on such as Rightmove or Zoopla.
Our landline phone calls sometimes are recorded for training and monitoring purposes and our recordings are usually held for a period of six months we will inform you at the beginning of the call if this is the case.
From time to time we may use photography to capture evidence of breach of tenancy, alleged anti-social behaviour or crime.
We may also take photographs at our events, at our properties and in our communities to use for general marketing and publicity. However, photographs of individuals will only be used for those purposes with your consent.
We may receive information about you from third parties including:
- Your council or benefits office relating to your housing.
- Prior landlords and credit agencies when you apply for housing.
- Police, welfare or support organisations dealing with you.
- Councillors, MPs or other representatives acting on your behalf/instruction.
- Financial institutions when you apply for our services.
4. What information we collect about you
The information we require from you, the tenant(s) or leaseholder(s), includes:
- Full name (and proof of your identity / photo ID).
- Date of birth.
- National Insurance number (your unique identifier).
- Contact details (phone, e-mail or correspondence address).
- Details of anyone authorised to act on your behalf if applicable.
- Basic details (name and DOB) of all household residents. .
- Proof of housing eligibility, any interest or equity in other property.
- Other personal information that will vary on a case by case basis to help us resolve breach of tenancy, alleged anti-social behaviour or fraud.
The information we may collect from you includes:
- Disabilities or vulnerabilities. We use this information to tailor our service to better meet your circumstances and needs. We may use this information for safeguarding of staff.
- Financial information. We may use this to help resolve arrears payments and optionally to provide welfare, benefits and debt advice as a free service to help you budget and pay your bills.
- Health information when we require this to support funding for adaptations made to the property you are living in. More specific details are provided if you use this service.
- Photo ID, bank statements, payslips or income details when we require this information for processing referencing.
If you do not provide the information we need then we may not be able to provide all our services to you, and ultimately you may not be able to hold a tenancy or lease with us or sell or purchase a property through us.
5. What processing we do with information collected
The information we require from you is used to manage your tenancy or leasehold agreement or another contract between you and Amazon Management Services Ltd. Please read your contract carefully for specific details as ‘performance of a contract’ is usually the legal basis for processing your information and carrying out our activities.
The processing activities we conduct can be summarised as:
- Managing your account charges and payments, including arrears.
- Managing the repairs, maintenance and adaptations of our properties.
- Ensuring tenancy (or contract) conditions are complied with, such as dealing with anti-social behaviour or fraud.
- Complying with relevant legislation and regulation.
Amazon Management Services Ltd conducts research and statistical analysis to help improve our business processes and the services offered to our customers, as well as to evaluate our performance against other benchmarks. When possible, statistical information is anonymised or pseudonymised. Amazon Management Services Ltd operates a range of information and communications systems and technologies for efficient operation of the business. Personal information is stored and managed within those systems which are maintained to achieve a high level of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (CIA) including following best practice cyber security standards.
6. How we will communicate with you
We will only discuss or communicate your tenancy or lease details with those named on the agreement or those authorised (temporarily or permanently) by you. You can authorise someone temporarily verbally over the phone or permanently in writing.
7. Who we share data with and how long we keep information
We may share your information with a language translation service if it is necessary to translate any information into or from a foreign language for you.
8. What we will not do
We will not send you unsolicited marketing material. We will not sell your personal data on to third parties. We will not transfer or store your personal data outside of Europe (the European Economic Area) outside of the control of the UK / European regulations.
9. Your rights, the right to complain and the ICO
You have the right to request a copy of the data we hold about you. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to request access to any of your personal data and we will always endeavour to answer your questions as part of our friendly, helpful service. we will not normally make a charge for this service and will respond within one month of receiving your request. You have the right to correct information that we hold. Please advise us of any changes or corrections by contacting our team on 0151 531 9329 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may withdraw your consent to use any information that was previously provided with your consent. Please advise us if you wish to withdraw any consent previously given to email@example.com You have the right to complain about any matter relating to our service, including how we use your personal data: In the first instance please contact our team on 0151 531 9329 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to complain about our use of your personal data, you may complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at https://ico.org.uk/.
10. Further information
Our Privacy Notice is regularly kept up to date and this version was updated on 11th May 2018. The latest full version is always available from our website at www.amazonmanagementservices.co.uk and complies with the
11. Changes to our Privacy Notice
For further information about Amazon Management Services, please see our website at www.amazonmanagementservices.co.uk (including website terms & conditions and information about website cookies) or contact our the office.
If you are still not happy with our service, you may complain to the Property Redress Scheme Service at https://www.theprs.co.uk/Home/Index
You also have other rights which can be seen by visiting the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website and reading about Data Protection law at https://ico.org.uk/.
It will always help if you can be as specific about what personal data you want to see, what it relates to and within what timeframe, as that will assist our search.
We will not pass on your personal data to unrelated third parties unless we are allowed or required to do so by law or we have your explicit permission to do that.
Amazon Management Services Ltd may need to share personal information with government departments and agencies, with our regulator and auditors, with utility companies or with other organisations and agencies where we are legally allowed to do so. Information relating to a tenancy or lease agreement will be kept for as long as the agreement is active or where money is owed on the account, and for a period not exceeding three years afterwards. The basic history of who held a tenancy at which property and when will be held forever.
Amazon Management Services Ltd shares limited personal data with our contractors who are carrying out services on our behalf. Our contractors are required to comply with the law and our own Data Processing Agreement to ensure data is managed. appropriately and for specified purposes, including to run our out-of-hours telephone service or to complete emergency, responsive or planned property repairs.
We hold information in IT systems which may be copied for testing, backup, archiving and disaster recovery purposes. All data is held within the UK.
Amazon Management Services Ltd conducts surveys periodically relating to our services in order to gauge satisfaction and make improvements based on feedback.
UK Data Protection Bill and EU GDPR laws coming into effect on 25th May 2018